Beautiful country surrounded us as we left New Mexico - it was wonderful for me to listen to Abby sporadically exclaim -"wow! look at that ________(light, mountain, mesa, tree line, cloud, etc.)! " Some of her explanations of what she was seeing helped me to understand that she truly has an eye for things I don't automatically notice, or more accurately I can't articulate.
Our first stop on our Americana tour - courtesy of my tour guide Ms. Morgan - was at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas. Fantastic! Even though I had seen these cars from the road before, I had never stopped, not realizing that it was "interactive art!" When we arrived, we pulled in behind a number of cars and could see the Cadillacs sticking out of the ground off in the field. We were prepared with our two cans of spray paint and off we went to make our marks - such fun! Abby also painted our "tags" on the ground.
And Highway 55 is part of the landscape!!
Abby adding her mark:
Our "tags"
After leaving Texas we continued on to Edmond, Oklahoma to visit with my sister Deborah and her husband Dennis and Abby's cousins Rachel and Emily and their husbands and children - wonderful visit! I so wish we were all closer and could see each other more often. Abby was thrilled to be encircled by the three youngest - between the ages of 7 and 12 - and to share their obvious love of all things creative - art, music, cooking, and dance. We finished off the warm (and not too hot) Oklahoma evening with a swim in the dark in their lovely pool. We slept very soundly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment